MUDr. JIŘÍ MAREK’s CLINIC OF COMPLEX REHABILITATION MONADA
The first private rehabilitation clinic in the Czech Republic with fifty thousand patients.
Střelničná 1861/8a, 182 00 Praha 8 (3rd floor)
Metro „C“ Kobylisy station, tram-stop Střelničná
tel: 272 940 401
fax: 272 941 500
mobile: 736 750 927
Branch of the Clinic: Medical Rehabilitation Surgery
Hviezdoslavova 519, 149 00 Prague 11- Háje (5th floor)
tel.: 272 918 283
mobile: 736 750 921
Private medical facility – a family company with a twenty five-year history. Workplace for teaching physiotheraphy students of Charles University in Prague, Postgraduate education centre with accreditation from the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic.Monada spol. s r.o. – complex rehabilitation centre of MUDr. Jiří Marek is based on the principles of holistic medicine, as reflected in the symbol of harmony in the company logo. It combines classical European medical rehabilitation with verified methods of natural medicine. The clinic employs 6 physicians in the field of medical rehabilitation and neurology and 34 other professionals with university degree, higher vocational or secondary school education. Consultant physicians also work with the clinic, specializing in the fields of neurosurgery and clinical psychology. The clinic cooperates closely with foremost clinical workplaces in the fields of neurosurgery and orthopaedics.
Systematic education of the workers at the clinic ensures a high level of patient care. We hold innovation courses in rehabilitation and physical medicine, acupressure for physicians, physiotherapists and medical workers with university and secondary school education, which are accredited by the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic and the Union of Physiotherapists of the Czech Republic (UNIFY ČR).
The clinic cooperates with nonprofit organizations – Bílý kruh bezpečí (White Circle of Safety), Unie Roska Praha (Czech multiple sclerosis association), and Drop In o.p.s. and also with family centres and centres for care of the mother and the child, sports clubs and kindergartens in Prague and its surroundings.
Reliability and a fixed position of the clinic in the health-care system are confirmed by agreements with the principal health-care insurance companies in the Czech Republic.
THE CLINIC SPECIALIZES IN:
- Accute and chronic pain in the back, spine, joints and limbs
- Spinal disk herniations
- Conditions following spinal surgery and orthopaedic surgery, conditions following injuries
- Ligament pain, tendon-muscle problems
- Functional disorders and muscular dysbalance
- Cervical spinal pain, headaches, migraines
- Pelvic diaphragm problems, functional female sterility, incontinence
- Painful states of the motor apparatus during pregnancy
- Hip joint dysplasia
- Disorders in psychomotor development from infancy to adulthood
- Motor developmental disorders
- Children’s back pain
- Scoliosis and poor posture
- Foot arch defects and toe deformations
- Neurological disorders and psychosomatic diseases
- Compensation of functional stress for sportsmen/women
- Civilization diseases and dependences – smoking cessation, weight reduction
An individual therapeutic plan is prepared for each patient. Treatment can be either out-patient or during a stay in the in-patient department of the clinic, where the effectiveness of the therapeutic process is increased and fatigue from transport is eliminated.
A specialized team of workers at the clinic also provides therapeutic care for immobile patients directly in their homes throughout the territory of Prague.
MODERN AND TRADITIONAL MEDICAL PROCEDURES AND METHODS ARE USED AT THE CLINIC:
- Manual medicine and chiropracticsIndividual physiotherapy
- Physical therapy (magnetotherapy, ultrasonic therapy, electrotherapy, non-invasive laser therapy)
- Sonography Ergonomy (modification of the working environment)
- Podology – complete care for the feet, including examination, therapy and preparation of individual Formothotic orthopaedic orthotics
- Acupuncture, acupressure, cupping massage, moxa cup massage
- Classical, relaxation , acupressure and pregnancy massage, massage of infants and children, lymphatic massage, massage using lava stones
- Aromatherapy and phytotherapy – extracts from medicinal herbs as supplementary therapyPsychotherapy, psychoanalysis.
The clinic provides preventative and medical diagnostic care for the employees of employer clients.
Gift certificates can be purchased.
Employee benefits can be utilized.
Supplementary sale of exercising and rehabilitation devices, professional literature and therapeutic footwear.
Treatment at the clinic is based on a holistic approach to your problems and friendly staff at the clinic.
MUDr. Jiří Marek (1933 – 2002) – founder of the clinic and of private medical rehabilitation in Czechoslovakia and the Czech Republic. He was one of the most experienced Czech experts in the areas of rehabilitation and acupuncture and published extensively in these areas. Study of Western and oriental medicine convinced MUDr. Marek that a holistic approach to the patient is necessary. By founding his own private clinic in 1992, he attempted to create an optimal model of all-round care for the patient at least in this small area encompassed by the work of the clinic. His professional successors are well aware that, in such a humane area as health-care should undoubtedly be, the patient is always in first place. Following his sudden death in 2002, the clinic is continuing to work completely within his concept under the professional leadership of his best student – his daughter PaedDr. Kateřina Marková.